KS In The Press
This is your one stop shop for conservation-focused news about the Klamath-Siskiyou region. Here, you can also find news and updates about KS Wild.
- Banking on carbon
- Oregon forestland owners can use their properties as carbon storage banks and trade carbon credits on the open market
- Siskiyou off-road travel plan released
- Forest Service shares plan for Siskiyou travel
- More than 3,000 miles of roads and 230 miles of trails will be available for off-highway motorized vehicles
- Oregon, others petition FERC to halt gas pipeline
- Groups say the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission failed to meet standards set in the Clean Water Act, Coast Zone Management Act
- FERC approves LNG terminal, governor to appeal
- Oregon objects to federal OK of Coos Bay gas terminal
- Wyden bill for forests brings sides together
- Timber industry, activists agree on new forest-management plan
- Lawsuits challenge BLM logging increase in Oregon
- From: The World- Coos Bay, Or
- Suit challenges feds' efforts to boost logging
- Conservation groups are trying to stop Bush administration officials from boosting logging in Oregon's old growth forests before their time in office runs out.
- Bush logging proposal opponents seek to reinstate protest period
- Five environmental groups want a judge to make sure Oregonians have one last chance to protest an aggressive Bush administration logging plan proposed for Western Oregon forests.