KS In The Press
This is your one stop shop for conservation-focused news about the Klamath-Siskiyou region. Here, you can also find news and updates about KS Wild.
- Historic Accord for Old-growth Conservation and Forest Restoration Clears Court
- Timber group suing Interior for more trees
- To force the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to increase its timber harvest in Western Oregon, the timber industry, including Rough and Ready Lumber Co. in the Illinois Valley and the Swanson Group Manufacturing in Glendale, filed a lawsuit in federal court Monday.
- Southwest Oregon gold miner Cliff Tracy hit with second illegal mining charge
- Southwest Oregon gold miner Clifford R. Tracy has been charged a second time with illegally mining near a sensitive salmon stream, this time on U.S. Bureau of Land Management property along Galice Creek.
- Gold miner Cliff Tracy wants to dig in again on critical salmon stream in southwest Oregon
- In 2009, Tracy was convicted on a misdemeanor charge of illegally mining on U.S. Forest Service land next to a critical salmon stream in southwest Oregon. Now, he has applied to mine at the same spot again, and the Forest Service says his prior conviction won't factor in to their evaluation of his new proposal.
- Lawsuit from Karuk Tribe, conservation groups officially stops Orleans timber harvest
- Federal judge orders Six Rivers National Forest to develop remedial plan
- Oregon adopts strictest standards in United States for toxic water pollution
- Oregon's Environmental Quality Commission today adopted the strictest standards for toxic water pollution in the United States. The new rules, adopted on a 4-1 vote, are designed to protect tribal members and others who eat large amounts of contaminated fish.
- The strange and wonderful Smith
- The Smith River’s North Fork hosts singular scenery, big rapids
- Road openings stalled over tree disease fears
- Disease killing Port Orford Cedar spread often from roads during wet weather
- The view is sweeter when you earn it
- George Sexton writes on his hiking experience to Pearsoll Peak in the Kalmiopsis Wilderness.
- Underwater mushroom from Rogue makes new species list
- Mushroom, found in 2005, creates waves in the mycological world