KS In The Press
This is your one stop shop for conservation-focused news about the Klamath-Siskiyou region. Here, you can also find news and updates about KS Wild.
- Bait and switch: Gas export threatens Southern Oregon
- The Jordan Cove liquefied natural gas proposal could be the riskiest energy project Southern Oregon has ever seen.
- Timber sale focuses on restoration
- BLM project for Applegate area allows 1.5 million board feet to be harvested, but not any old-growth
- Ski area permit decision on hold
- After listening to about 40 area residents, the Ashland City Council ran out of time on Tuesday night to decide whether to give up its permit for the Mt. Ashland Ski Area.
- Going with the Flow
- Sucker Creek restoration aims to give native fish a fighting chance
- Salmon habitat and water quality: Every Oregonian has a stake in stream protection
- The Oregonian's editorial "Timber country and you" (July 24) places the interest of the timber industry above the public's interest in clean water, wild salmon and healthy watersheds. The editorial ignored what science tells us about the impact of logging roads on the survival of wild salmon.
- Oregon LNG terminal plans reverse from importing to exporting gas
- If natural gas producers and LNG terminal backers have their way, Oregon could become a significant hub in exporting domestic gas to Asia, joining a nationwide push that could have a meaningful -- and according to critics, disastrous -- impact on the price of natural gas for U.S. consumers.
- Gold Hill miner suspected of illegal activity near Galice
- Federal law enforcement believes Gold Hill miner Clifford Randall Tracy, who was convicted for illegal mining on Sucker Creek in 2009, is at it again.
- Historic Accord for Old-growth Conservation and Forest Restoration Clears Court
- Timber group suing Interior for more trees
- To force the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to increase its timber harvest in Western Oregon, the timber industry, including Rough and Ready Lumber Co. in the Illinois Valley and the Swanson Group Manufacturing in Glendale, filed a lawsuit in federal court Monday.
- Southwest Oregon gold miner Cliff Tracy hit with second illegal mining charge
- Southwest Oregon gold miner Clifford R. Tracy has been charged a second time with illegally mining near a sensitive salmon stream, this time on U.S. Bureau of Land Management property along Galice Creek.